Monday, October 14, 2013

Helping Out Pop...

I just love me some hand-made goodies - don't you??? 

My latest purchase is from a Facebook Shop called 'Luv Abby'. I'm totally crushing big time on this Shop at the moment. You see, this Shop is a little special to me - it's the brain child of my big sister Abby (hence the name) and about a month ago she branched out from her usual handmade yarn-y craftiness into making brooches, earrings, hair clips and the like.

These super cute little bird-y earrings where picked up for only $7.50!!!
local 3 
And I also got these teeny flower hair pins for my girls and they were only $5 a pack - great value hey??!!
local 
And then I couldn't go past grabbing myself one of these super cute GIANT 'burnt birds' for myself - it was only $15!!!!
local 2 
You can check out Abby's Shop here and if you do I'd love you to let me know what you think...

So, do you like to Shop for handmade goodies like me?? What's your favourite Shop?? Have you bought any off Facebook before? Where?? I'd love to hear ALL about them!!! :)

This weekend saw my girls head out for the day with my Dad to help out their Poppy with his sheep work... I was so proud when I went to pick them up, they had worked so hard... I sometimes forget that they are such independent young girls who can already stand their own so very well - they are only 5 and 7 you know... 
poppy 1
I could feel my chest puffing out with pride and tears welling in my eyes (but I chocked them back in) as I watched their Poppy kneel down at the end of the day to tell them how very proud of them he was - I don't think I could have been happier then I was that Saturday afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie - I've just signed up with bloglovin so I can follow your blog and comment. I read your blogs all the time and now I'm looking forward to being able to comment as well. I am a HUGE fan of madeit.com and source all my handmade goodies from the lovely sellers listed. I think I'm almost addicted!!! Have you visited this site - I thoroughly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWESOME news Christine!!!! I'm so glad that you can now comment on my posts too. :)

    I'm off to check Madeit now - thanks for the recommendation...

    Take Care.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check out your sister's shop. Does she blog too? I buy a lot from Etsy. I hooked my daughter up with that site and she has a shop selling scrapbook things, mainly cupcake toppers and invitations. She is doing very well. She is reasonable and timely with her orders. She took a hobby and made it into a small sideline business. Your daughters are little helpers and learning in the process. There is always work to be done and they are an asset to you and your husband. I say, "Good parenting" has a very lot to do with it. You should be proud ♥
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check it our Susanne, it's gorgeous!!!

      What is your daughters Shop called? I'd love to check it out...

      You're right, my 2 girls are an absolute asset and I am grateful every day for their help, that's for sure...

      Thanks for popping by... xx

      Delete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...