Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby Knits

I love knitting for babies and 2 of my most favourite things to knit for little girls would have to be this Abagail Sweater
baby abegail
and this sweet little Scalloped Lace Baby Hat....
baby hat
Both these knits I've made many a times for my 2 little girls. I've also made these 2 classic knits for many friends baby girls and feel such warmth to see them wearing the same special knits as my very own babies...
For my latest Abagail I used the new Arroyo. I'm loving this fingering weight Superwash Merino and nearly can't believe that it only took 1/2 a skein to knit the entire cardigan - gotta love baby knits!!!!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
For the Scalloped Hat I used 1/2 a skein of some gorgeous Silky Merino in the softest shade of purple.... 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
We are so looking forward to welcoming our new little baby into the world before the year is out and you just never know - maybe there might be a few more Abagail's and Scallop Hats on the horizon if our latest little one is a girl too... *^_^*

8 comments:

  1. The sweetest knits Jodie, love both colours.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those gorgeous knits! Especial the Abigail sweater. I want to knit one and find a baby girl to give it to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so pretty Jodie. Truly beautiful things for special little people x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the little cardigan - the colour is beautiful. I'm currently baby knitting too - though not for myself (unfortunately). If my friend has a little girl, I'll definitely have to think about that little cardigan pattern.
    Baby knitting is the best!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute and sweet baby items. Hope all is going well with your pregnancy.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have made the abigail a few times for my Granddaughter and it is simple knit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely cardigan Jodie. I hope someone knits one like this for me and my new baby, I might have to get hinting :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! I want that !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...