Saturday, July 9, 2011

'Big Knit'

I've had the Kerrera pattern and the 8 skeins of Malabrigo that it needed set aside for quite some time now...

mum 5

I just love Gudrun Johnston's designs and this was going to be my 'Big Knit' for Winter.....
mum 4
I oohh-ed and ahhh-ed over it many a nights and now with the help of my Mum and her super fast knitting hands this 'epic' knit (you're so right Caz!!) is finally finished......

mum 2

I love the fluffy look of the Malabrigo Worsted and the patch like packets on the front. The double garter stitch border is also a favourite feature of mine and the reverse knit stitch panels at the top of this cardigan really set it off....

I can already see myself spending many a chill-y days (and nights) snuggled up in my new favourite cardi....

Ohhhh yeah, did you happen to notice my brooch???? mum 6

It's the work of an awesome designer from Strawberry Hills - NSW. I love her quirky style and couldn't help but buy 4 brooches last week when she had her $10 brooch sale...

16 comments:

  1. What I love from the description of the pattern, is that there were so many interesting components to knit which keeps a knitter interested on the big projects. LOL
    The scarf looks very effective with the cardi too and has made me fall in love with it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started an 'epic' knit this week. I wish I had access to super fast knitting hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt Gudrun an awesome designer. Your cardigan looks fabulous Jodie. What a cool little brooch too, might pop over and have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your new cardi with matching brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its fabulous! Your lucky to have a mother who can knit super fast, my cardigan too me so long..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one Jodie, especially those lovely big pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jodie,
    I just adore your new cardi. I went over to the ravelry page and looked at all the pics of this beautiful sweater. I even popped over to the YouTube video that shows how to do the double garter stitch. So interesting. Oh, and did I mention the pockets? I'm over the moon for them. This sweater looks like a treasured piece that is destined to be a heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just perfect!
    Beautiful cardi...beautiful scarf... But I can,t keep my eyes off your beautiful earrings!! Where did you get them??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, so gorgeous!
    I am making this too, got the yarn ready to go. Just need to finish these umpteen kids knits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that looks so warm and cosy! Love it with your special scarf too!! That is a cute brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sweater Jodie, I think I will have to look that one up :-) I have a similar one by Berroco and the yarn in my stash just waiting for me to make it....I like the fastenings on yours better. Maybe a hybrid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey, the epic cardi came off the needles last night and buttons sewed on this morning - i have been wearing it all day - even when I got a little bit hot!! 5 weeks of knitting - it seemed like sooo much longer - and I am alreay looking for my next project. now that's love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the colour. You will be nice and warm in your new cardigan Jodie and look very stylish too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. l love the cute brooch

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...