Tuesday, June 21, 2011

FREE!!! Crochet Jug Cover Pattern.....

With the cooler weather, in my home, I find that we are more likely to drink water at room temperature than chilled from the fridge.

jug 9
So out of necessity I've been crocheting 'Jug Covers' and would love to share this pattern with you all...

jug 4
To start - Grab some of your favourite 5ply cotton (I'm using Debbie Bliss Eco Cotton in a Teal shade) and a 4mm hook.

Thread approx 20 buttons onto your yarn. Make sure they thread on easily or you'll find it difficult later on when you need to shuffle them down the yarn as your jug cover grows.

jug 6
Jelly's Basic Jug Cover

(note : : my jug measures 16' round the top)

Round 1 - Chain 3, 23 treble in the 3rd chain from hook. Join with a slip stitch.

Round 2 - Chain 5, treble in same space, miss 1 treble, *(treble, chain 2, treble) in the next space, miss 1 treble*. Repeat between * * around. Join with a slip stitch to 3rd chain.

Round 3 - Slip Stitch into chain 2 space. Chain 6, Treble in same space. *Treble, chain 3, treble in next chain 2 space*. Repeat between * * round. Join with a slip stitch to 3rd chain.

Round 4 - Chain 1, single crochet in same space, *Chain 6, miss chain 3 space, single crochet in next space*. Repeat between * * round. Join with a slip stitch in single crochet.

Round 5 - Slip stitch in the next 3 chain. Chain 1, single crochet in same space. *Chain 7, single crochet in chain 6 space*. Repeat between * * round. Join with a slip stitch to single crochet.

Round 6 - Chain 10 (position 1-2 buttons on the 7th chain), *Treble in next single crochet, chain 7 (position another 1-2 buttons on the 4th chain)*. Repeat between * * round. Join with a slip stitch to 3rd chain.

Fasten off and weave in ends.


These little covers are so addictive and take no more than 1 hour to make.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you for the pattern. Can't wait to get started on my Jug Cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodie. Always love the ones my nana and great aunt have given me, and now look forward to making my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dogs foot in the photo :)
    scarsdalestation@bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what I've been looking for! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, thankyou - I've been looking for a crochet pattern for covering sourdough starters and vinegar brews. Looking forward to giving these a go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your easy patterns which is making me crochet which I have not done in eons. I am an animal lover and love your your dog's paws are in the picture!!! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...