Friday, January 21, 2011

Forgot...

I made this little crochet pouch back in November last year and for some reason forgot to post about it...
I loved making this!!! To start with make 2 x 'cup' shaped objects, an inner and an outer. The inner needs to be about 1cm shorter in height than the outer so that when you sew in your zipper it doesn't get snag-ed.
Fold your outer in half, measure the opening, buy a zipper to match this measurement and hand sew both cups to the zipper. I sewed the outer on first and than place the inner inside the outer, wrong sides facing.... Pretty simple hey???

You could use any stitch you like on the outer cup (I used a mini puff stitch) but it's best to keep it simple on the inner cup with 'single crochet' only...

I'm currently stuck in a bit of a rut re-working the sleeves on the cardi that I started while away on holidays earlier this month, the darn things are too SHORT!!!!! If only a little fairy could magically appear and help me finish off this super cute little number, I'm so itching to wear it!

16 comments:

  1. What a pretty little pouch :0)
    I feel for you having to redo the sleeves on the cardie - I hate it when that happens.
    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made a similar little pouch in yellow that was going to be a christmas present but I kept forgetting to buy a nylon zip when I went down to Spotlight....so it is still waiting to be finished! Might end up as a birthday present for the person in June! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fab little purse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet little crochet pouches Jodie. I have seen my mum undo the rib at the sleeve hem & pick up the stitches so she could add on knitting extra rows to extend sleeves on my son's jumpers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combination with the aqua and pink. The pink zipper makes it so fun. I really like the stitch definition. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and a wonderful idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, now, that's just super cute! I used to have a little bag like that when I was a girl. Those would make wonderful little presents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a cute pouch! Hope you get the sleeves figured out. Can't wait to see the cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute pouch! And that's a lovely idea. I will try it soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw the zipper, I thought, oh oh, can't go there, but after reading through the instructions, I think I can take it on..

    By the way, like your new header image.

    Cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great little pouch and it would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is great! been off the hooks for a while- been dry needle felting instead. have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your little pouch Jodie! I think you need to put all of your ideas and tutorials into a book!!
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a pretty little zippy pouch! thanks for the how-to

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little pouch and so clever, I love it. Might have to give this one a go:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. H iJodie, just found you in blogland, love your projects :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...