Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Millie's 'Abagail Rainbow'....

After knitting the Abagail sweater 3 times and LOVING the lace pattern worked into the design I was itching to try something new with it....
I've been eyeing off this Rainbow dress pattern for some time now but never really went much on how slimming it appeared to be. I like my girls dresses to have a little bit more room in them so that I can pile the spencers on underneath when the weather is chilly....

After a few tweaks here and another couple there I came up with 'Millie's Abagail Rainbow', named in honour of the 2 very clever ladies who inspired me to improvise this pattern...

I'm thinking of making it into a free pattern download on Ravelry for those that might be interested and am just working on the size range now... This one fits my 6 month old as a long top and I'm sure it would of fit her as a dress when she was 3 months old too... So I'm saying that this is the 3-6 month size...

What size should I go up to??? Would there be anyone interested in testing the pattern for me before I release it??? Any feed back would be great... Take Care :)

11 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous Jodie, Sorry I can't commit to test your pattern at this stage too many other things on, I might be up for the next one ... though I don't have any sweet lil girls to make one for as My lil Girl is a 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is so adorable Jodie. If you make it up to size 2 years I would be willing to knit the largest for my god-daughter. I love the pattern too and yours looks fantastic. I will wait to hear from you about test knitting it okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just lovely.as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful...........you are just so good at this knitting thing........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it - definitely up to a couple of years - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved this for my daughter when she was little! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I'm just stopping over from Ravelry. Thanks for adding me as a friend over there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful.... your knitting rocks...can you believe I havent knitted a stitch in all these miles I have travelled...ahhhhh...must change that!! I love the label placement on this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Great Item you have made...this is too cute...love the pattern..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people.. Gay Flag

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...