Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Absolutely Beautiful

The weather was absolutely beautiful yesterday feeling much more like Spring than Winter...
The girls and I lapped it up with a lot of outside time, it was the perfect opportunity to grab a couple of pics of the new beanie I made for Miss Connie.... The pattern was from this super cute book that I borrowed from my local library last week. I used the most divine Alpaca yarn to make it up, a gift from the gorgeous Kate, thank you SO much Kate you truly are a gem!!!!!I made the biggest size (2+ years) and added an extra 8 stitches when I cast on. I did this as I was using 8ply yarn instead of the 12ply that the pattern called for and 4mm needles instead of 5.5mm....
I'm so happy with how the size turned out, it has a lot of give in it and fits both my girls heads which is a bonus.... :)
Here's hoping the Sun is shinning in your neck of the woods and you've had the chance to enjoy it, even if it was only for a little while.... Take Care :)

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! Alpaca wool feels lovely, gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Jodie, glorious! She looks so cute in that little hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is your baby! Just like a little dolly. The hat looks great, I'm so pleased the wool worked for you. Sunny days but freezing cold here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was beautiful here too yesterday. I love the new beanie and the colour of the earth in the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG.... you got it in one with that blog titiale.... your girls are absolutely beautiful.... I cant wait to see the hat IRL and to kiss those little cheeks...well done on the hat and the pix are sensational as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.... you got it in one with that blog titiale.... your girls are absolutely beautiful.... I cant wait to see the hat IRL and to kiss those little cheeks...well done on the hat and the pix are sensational as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very adorable hats Jodie. I bet they are super warm too. We have had some sunshine but lots of wind. It has warmed up though since last week was so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute hat - i bet it is very soft :)

    And how gorgeous is your little Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sweet pics of your girls!! The beanie is pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...