Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Long Unexpected Absense....

Sorry for the lack of posts over the last month..... I haven't been feeling all that well but now things are slowly getting back on track and I'm starting to feel like my old self again, full of energy, lets just hope it stays that way....

I've started the drawstring bag tutorial and am hoping to have it finished and up on my blog by the end of this week. I'm trying something new and seeing if I can make it a PDF. If it works I'll be able to put it in my sidebar for people to use whenever they like.

I finally got around to hanging those gates that I got my Mum's engineering business to make me nearly 2 months ago.... Here's the 2 at the front of the house (sorry the car's in the way)...
Here's a closer pic just in case you couldn't quite see them in detail... DH still has to cut the posts to make them level. He's leaving that little branch on the one on the left so I can hang a hose on it.....

Now we have to make a path to the front veranda. I was thinking of laying flat rocks down in a mosaic type pattern, what do you think??? Any other ideas would be great too!!!!

The knitting/crochet bug has slowed right down but before it did I got a chance to whip up this little smocked washcloth.... It was the easiest by far out of all the washcloths I've made recently. On the 'Growing Challenge' front my squash are coming along nicely, will show some pics later... I've also got some mortgage lifter tomatoes which I planted from seed just about ready to migrate to the vege patch. I had a go at planting some parsley from seed this year too, you never can have too much I say..... Man does it take FOREVER to come up. I planted my seeds about 8 weeks ago and they've only just decided to pop up and say hello... God only knows how long it'll take before I have an established plant....

Take Care... :)

11 comments:

  1. I am glad that your posting again and starting to feel better. I think the 2nd time around you feel much more drained and tired. I love those gates and the path sounds like a wonderful idea. I love parsley too, I just need to plant some in an old drum so it doesnt take over the whole garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gates look great - glad to hear that you are feeling a lot better - second time round is different isnt it! (you dont have a two year old to run around after the first itme for starters!)

    Love the dishcloth - might have to give that one a go as well - it a bit of a dishcloth mood of late!

    Love the sound of the growing challenge - might have to look into it a little further. I almost lost my two parsley bushes recently thanks to about 100 helpful caterpillars! Mint grows very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jelly!! I hope you stay nice and healthy now - only 60 days to go - that has gone so fast! Your gates look great and the seeds look amazing now! Take care, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks wonderful! Glad to see you back on here posting--Hope you continue to feel better! I need to learn some new knitting techniques, so maybe I will pick up your knitting bug. I've always just done regular, simple knit. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see you back and those gates look awsome!!Look after yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to hear you are ok - not long to go now :-).It's weird to see everything starting to grow whereas over here everything is fading - fast.
    take care lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed you! Glad to hear you're feeling a little better, I don't think I'd have been able to manage blogging at all during any of my pregnancies. I had hyperemesis with all three. EEEEW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its good to have you back and to know that everything is o.k.!
    Your gate is lovely, and I think that flagstones like you said would be a perfect path.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jodie! i was only thinking the other day I must pop over and see what you are up to and how you are? (I must add you to my new list of bloggy things on my sidebar! gates look fab! Hope you are keeping well and getting your feet up when you can. I love those face washers and I want to try some, do you think a novice knitter like me could knit them?? I have been a novice for years now I just don't seem to move on with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your gates look great.
    i've only just realised that you are pregnant too! i'm rather envious of you - but to be honest, with three of my own, i'm happy not to have any more - but i do love teeny tiny babies.
    look after yourself - and rest as much as you can.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better. We were sick for pretty much all of the winter and finally coming right now. Hang in there! We have started a garden too and I have been waiting for some hot peppers to sprout and I think we just got the first one. Like your parsely- 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...